Women's Cancer Initiative - Tata Memorial Hospital and Nag FoundationInvites you for the "5th edition of Year in Review: Breast Cancer Conference". This conference will be held on Sat 18th Jan - Sun 19th Jan 2020, at Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
Breast cancer is not so much a disease as a universe - endlessly complex, huge and continuously evolving. Every year a large number of clinical, translational and basic studies are presented at many conferences, at least some of which have an impact on practice. It is becoming increasingly difficult for even specialized oncologists to keep pace with this explosion. Number of meetings in Best of format now try to make this information digestible to practicing clinicians.
As you are aware our conference aims at recapitulate the best breast cancer science every year in a Year in Review format. The theme of the meeting is "Breast Cancer: The Year That Was.. 2019". For last few years this conference has established its identity of presenting best original scientific abstracts and deliberations covered in the major oncology conferences that took place in the preceding year. The scientific committee every year reviews original articles published in over 25 important oncology journals which also features in the scientific program. We strive to recapitulate the best original science presented at the following conferences of the immediately preceding year:
- AACR (Annual meeting of American Association for Cancer Research)
- ASCO (Annual meeting of American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- ESMO (Annual meeting of European Society for Medical Oncology)
- SABCS (San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium)
- ASTRO (Annual meeting of American Society for Radiation Oncology)
- ESTRO (Annual meeting of European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology)
- St. Gallen Breast Cancer Conference
- ESO-ESMO ABC4 (ESO-ESMO Advanced Breast Cancer)
- COBRCA (Controversies in Breast Cancer)
- ABS (Annual meeting of Association of Breast Surgery)
- ASBS (Annual meeting of American Society of Breast Surgeons)
The meeting will be broadly classified in the following sessions:
- Loco-regional therapy
- Estrogen receptor positive disease
- HER2 positive disease
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Translational science
- Key Notes
In the above sessions, we intend to cover surgical, radiation, medical, pathology, biomarkers and imaging issues making this meeting a truly multi-disciplinary one. At the end of every session there will be rapid review presentation on additional abstracts. The selection of abstracts is based on originality, innovation and potential impact on clinical practice.
We believe that presentation of the most impactful and important abstracts from all important conferences in the preceding year will give the participants a feel of the landscape of breast cancer research, especially that impacts practice.
Research, especially those impacting our practice. For your reference, the meeting proceedings of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4thYear in Review Conference is fully archived on www.yearinreview.in
We hope to benefit from your partnership and wisdom in initiating, undertaking and nurturing this idea.
We do hope you can join us and be a part of this comprehensive meeting.
With best wishes
Dr. Sudeep Gupta
Professor of Medical Oncology
Tata Memorial Centre
Dr. Shona Nag
Director of Oncology